TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please take the time to read your confirmation to ensure we have the correct information.The following conditions here state the rights, obligations, and responsibilities of all parties involved
in this Agreement. In places where the words 'you' or ‘your' appear, they refer to the Customer:
'we', 'us' or 'our' signifies ACT Solar Cleaning; 'teams' 'providers' refers to the subcontractors who
may carry out the gardening services. The present terms and conditions can be changed and/or
amended subject to prior written notice. Your attention is drawn to our cancellation policy in Clause
4 of these Terms and Conditions.
- Please check that the details in these Terms and on the Order Confirmation are complete and
accurate before you commit yourself to the contract. If you think that there is a mistake, please
make sure that you ask us to confirm any changes in writing, as we only accept responsibility for
statements and representations made in writing.
We would be grateful if you would reply to this e-mail, stating that you have read and accepted
our Terms and Conditions, and that your booking details are correct. In the case that you do not
reply to this e-mail, we will assume that you have read and accepted the terms and conditions, and
that all details as listed, are correct.
2. BOOKINGS & CONFIRMATIONS
At the time of the booking you must provide us with an accurate description and size of your
garden. ACT Solar Cleaning reserves the right to amend the quote and charge for any extra work that
needs to be conducted.
- If you provide us with incomplete, incorrect, or inaccurate information or instructions, we may
cancel the Order, or we may make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to cover any extra work
that is required.
- Access to property: You shall ensure that access to your property is available either by providing
a set of keys or easy access in advance of the date of service or by ensuring someone is at the
property on the day of the service. Please note, that we recommend your presence at the property,
as described in Clause 5.3 of these terms and conditions.
- Once a job has been confirmed, a slot will be reserved for the performance of the service. Please
note, that the confirmation of the time of the job is only an estimate, as we do not have control over
given circumstances, including but not limited to traffic, bad weather, or force major events.
- Please note that it is your responsibility to make parking arrangements. You may need to contact
your district council to request a parking permit, or suspension. Any parking fees or fines, accrued
during the time of the service provided, are to be paid by the customer.
- Additional charges may include congestion charge of $11.50 or an additional charge (based on
distance) if your property is outside of our listed ACT suburbs and Surrounding suburbs. Please note
that our prices are subject to our terms and conditions.
- In the case that our teams have to travel a distance further than 3 km to pick up or drop off the
keys of the property to be serviced, an additional charge may be added based on the distance to be
travelled for key pick up/drop off.
3. PRICING AND PAYMENT
- Our prices are based on pictures and information provided by you. We reserve the right to
amend the Quote/Order Confirmation should we feel it is necessary.
- The Services provided by ACT Solar Cleaning are payable in cash and/or Tap & Pay or insert
Credit or Debit card using Square, to our operatives on site at the end of the service. Invoices will
only be issued at our discretion, to repeat clients whom we have a trustworthy relationship with.
- Prices are based on a minimum charge of the corresponding service to be provided:
(a) Prices are based on information provided by the customer and are estimated in the most
accurate way possible. If a job is to take longer than originally planned, the same hourly rates are to
4. SERVICES WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PERFORM/UNDERTAKE
- We do not supply flowers for planting. Clients must choose and purchase any flowers they wish
to be planted in their garden.
- We shall not provide the customer with a flower design project. Clients must have a clear idea
what and where needs to be planted or an already created design for our staff to follow when
arriving to perform flower planting service.
- Unless previously agreed in writing, we will not perform a service for a garden which has
Japanese knotweed. It is the customers responsibility to make us aware upon booking if there are
such plants. If such information was not provided, we reserve the right to cancel the service after we
discover it and charge cancellation fee of $40+gst. If we agree work in a garden where there is
Japanese Knotweed, Periwinkle, or Ivy, we shall not be responsible for any further
damage/overgrowth caused by the plant.
Job arrival times are estimated. Although we always do our best to be on time, circumstances
out of our control may cause delays. We will not accept responsibility for any customer losses due to
unforeseen or unavoidable delays.
6. RE-SCHEDULE AND CANCELLATION OF APPOINTMENTS
- ACT Solar Cleaning reserves the right to charge $25+gst in case you, the customer decides to
reschedule/cancel the appointment on short notice (less than 24 hours prior to the job).
In the case that you, the customer decides to cancel the gardening service upon arrival of our
teams, we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee of $50+gst. This cancellation fee will only be
applicable and charged for travelling expenses.
- ACT Solar Cleaning reserves the right to stop the working process or cancel the booking due to
bad weather conditions which are not allowing us to perform the required service.
ACT Solar Cleaning reserves the right to refuse, cease or stop the service process at any time if
our staff are abused or threatened in any way.
- In order to provide professional and quality service, our teams must have adequate lighting and
water tab available in the garden.
In instances where the health or wellbeing of our teams is threatened, due to hazardous
environment, ACT Solar Cleaning, reserves the right to cancel the appointment, and will not be liable
for any charges/fees which the customer may accrue from third parties in the case of a cancellation
of the service.
- We require that you (or representative) are present at the end of the Service in order to inspect
it and sign off the work as completed to your satisfaction. In the event that you are not present, the
Service will be treated as accepted by you.
We will make every effort to arrive and complete the Services on time however there may be
delays due to circumstances beyond our control. In this case we will complete the Services as soon
as reasonably possible
8. OUR RIGHT TO SUB-CONTRACT SERVICES
We reserve the right to sub-contract some or all of the work to be carried out.
Should we sub-contract any or some of the work, these conditions will still apply.
9. LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE
Our liability for loss or damage is restricted, as clarified below:
Liability is limited to the subcontractors carrying out the work. Therefore the subcontractors
providing the service will be liable for any loss or damage.
Should the negligence or breach of contract results in loss of or damage to your property, the
team carrying out the job will be liable for the repayment of the sum equivalent to the cost of their
repair or replacement, whichever option is the smaller cost
10. TIME LIMIT FOR CLAIM
All claims must be notified to us in writing on a formal complaint letter within a seven(7)
calendar day period including photos of the areas/service done you wish to claim for. Therefore,
any complaint filed later than 7 working days (from the date the service provided) will NOT be dealt
Notwithstanding Clauses 8, 9 and 10, our company cannot be held liable for any loss of or
damages to the items unless a claim is submitted to us, or to our agent or the company conducting
the collection or delivery of the goods by us, in writing as soon as such loss or damage is discovered
(or with reasonable diligence ought to have been discovered) and in any event within a period of 24
hours of completion of the service.
All services are subject to ACT Solar Cleaning TERMS & CONDITIONS